Our footprint: Experience and tradition.
Milkaut's history began on May 1st 1926, when the dairy farmers Union Association (AUT), represented by 29 dairy producers, inaugurated the first creamery in Las Tunas, Santa Fe province. Since then Milkaut S.A. has managed to improve every day, thanks to its relentless spirit of constant work, which led it to be ranked amongst the top dairy companies in Argentina.
Today it belongs to the French group "Groupe Soparind Bongrain", world leader in the agri-food sector and present in more than 124 countries, Milkaut S.A. begins a new stage that allows it assert itself and grow from the synergy between the associated work with the companies of the group. To get more information, we invite you to visit the site www.bongrain.fr.
First founder producers of Asociación Unión Tamberos (AUT).
First creamery located in Las Tunas district, Santa Fe.
1926: The first Creamery is opened in Las Tunas town, Santa Fe province.
1935: First milk pasteurization plant in Santa Fe city.
1936: Origin of Milkaut trademark.
This important fact made the creamery business grow steadily and by 1953 there were 22 creameries.
1961: Inauguration of the Colonia Nueva cheese plant.
1963: The Franck industrial complex starts to be built.
Lactose and Concentrate of Cheese Whey Proteins (WPC) manufacturing plant.
U.H.T. milk processing plant, opened in 1995.
1995: In order to adapt the company to the national and international context of the food industry, the dairy farmers Union Association (AUT) takes an important step: set up Milkaut S.A.
That same year the long life milk (UHT) and powder milk plants are inaugurated, both in Franck city.
1997: Inauguration of the Yogurt plant in Franck, the long life milk (UHT) plant in San Luis and the plant of shredded cheese in Chamical, La Rioja province.
1999: Inauguration of one of the first plants in the world
- and the only one in Latin America - that produces milk protein concentrate (MPC).
2000: Opening of Milkaut S.A. stock, incorporating as a minorities partners Latcap and Patagonia funds investment.
2005: Incorporation of Vialat Bethia Chile Group as a partner in Milkaut S.A. in replacement of Latcap and Patagonia.
2006: Incorporation of Groupe Soparind Bongrain as a minority shareholder and take over of Estancia and Cabaña Santa Rosa S.A., acquiring the trademark Santa Rosa.
2011: Groupe Soparind-Bongrain purchases the Milkaut S.A.’s shares from AUT and takes total control of Milkaut S.A.